Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Roatan-where to stay?
LB22 - 12/30/2007 10:05 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 3

Ok- I know you all have been there. Where do I want to stay? Who to dive with? Canopy tour cool? Hoping to book a tour in late March. Fingers are crossed:)
finsup - 12/31/2007 6:19 PM
Dove with Native Son`s West End Roatan, All Good! Stayed at Posada Los Orquideas 1/4 mi. from dive shop. Shop sits 20 yards from waterfront and 10 yards from Sundowners Bar. Hotel was new in spring of 2007, we were the first group to stay there, and they were still working out some glitches. Lots of fun & night life on the west end!
anemone - 1/02/2008 8:34 PM
I stayed at Fantasy Island May 2007. Their pool was a mess, but if you are diving all the time, who cares. Not a luxury resort, but we were well fed and dove as much as we could. Shark dive cost me $75, well worth it. Definitely do the zip line (canopy tour) we liked it so much we went twice. We rented a car one afternoon and took off on our own sightseeing (four SOUTHERN American women who barely spoke spanish)and made it back in one piece, after nightfall.(The road only has ONE stop light on the entire island.)Shower in off times, ie 1hour after everyone comes in off the boats, or there is no water pressure or hot water. Hey, it was an adventure, and yes, I would go back.