Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Saturday straw hatter / fluke-a-boozle
giantfan - 5/21/2012 9:46 AM
Category: General
Replies: 2

Nothing to do with diving but thought I would share:

After a tough day fishing the Manhattan cup on Friday…. Bunker all over but no fish feeding on them, we decided to do a straw hatter… left the dock around 9am or so with plans of a nice no pressure day with Dave O and my buddy Neil. We tried a couple of spots in the bay and didn’t have much of a drift with the slight breeze against the tide… went over by the bridge and had a bit of a drift there and picked up a few fish for the box. Figured we would try back inside but still didn’t have any drift.

It being a no pressure kind of day we decided to take a run down the beach to see some live music at the Bamboozle show…… we drifted around there for a little bit and picked up a few fish but it was pretty rough with a big swell coming from the east so we anchored up and hung out for a few of the acts on the main stage. I was surprised how well we could hear the music and how good it actually sounded from the water. We had some entertainment when a group of guys on jet skis came in and started playing around in the waves…. Well someone wasn’t paying attention very well and got rolled over and washed up on the beach…. It was quite the show.

Not an overly productive day in terms of loading the box… .but it was a very relaxing day with two of my best friends…..

Here are some pictures of our day!

badintexas - 5/21/2012 7:07 PM
Those are the best kind of days. That would be so great to fish while listening to music on the water. Sounds perfect!
LatitudeAdjustment - 5/22/2012 8:11 AM
Going by sea was probably the best way to get to Asbury during Bamboozle!