Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diver Continuing Education
RAWalker - 11/05/2011 1:52 AM
Category: Training
Replies: 2

Anyone who has happened upon my profile here on DB over the years becomes instantly aware that I’m a firm believer in continued diver education. In my few years of diving it has lead me through all the PADI diver certification levels and to start on the path to the professional levels of recreational diving. Nearly 2 years ago I became a Divemaster and although I haven’t had the much opportunity to work at this level I have continued to train. In the last 2 years I have conpleted another 2 specialty certifications and now find myself wanting to become more involved at a professional level.

Later this month I will attempt the PADI Instructor Development Course with a Platinum IDC course director that came highly recommended. A few days after completion of IDC (If all goes well) I’ll take my Instructors Exam. Whether I start working for a local shop or instruct independantly I will start to give back to the sport by sharing and training others. Bet on my continuing to educate myself on all related topics. I’m already interested in becoming a certified regulator tech.
Tucsondiver - 11/05/2011 3:05 AM

Very cool. That is the piont I would love to get to in diving. But I still need to do my open water cert. At this point work and lack of cash make it very hard. Once again very cool and good luck

Mike