Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

BC from OMS
zielit - 9/27/2011 9:25 AM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 5

This is not another thread about pros and cons or quality of OMS gear. I’m not trying to start yet another discussion on yet another scuba forum about it. There will always be a "lovers and haters" of anything.

Just want to share my happines with you guys (and brag just a bit as well), my OMS plate, harness, wing and some accessories finaly arrived last Friday. When I decided to get my plate and harness unstrung (to save 50 bucks) I wasn’t really sure if I’ll be able to put it together, but it’s really not a rocket science, and OMS provides manuals on their website (too bad I learned that with my BCD 80% completed). Anyway I’m really glad I went this route, if you’re looking for BCD that can literaly grow with you and your skills and provides "modularity" - let’s you add/remove not only accessories but also main components that’s the type of BCD you should get. And I really love the freedom that placement of the bladder at the back provides.

Can’t really wait to test it out, too bad I have to wait till Jan/Feb 2012 now :(
LatitudeAdjustment - 9/27/2011 12:49 PM

That’s the beauty of a BP&W type BCD, you can mix and match parts and brands to fit what diving you are doing.

I have a light weight BP for travel and a 6 pound for local and cold water, two different lift wings (bladders) and one set of OMS pockets that I move along with contents to whatever BP&W I’m using.
RAWalker - 9/27/2011 4:58 PM
Yep, I went the same route a few years back and don’t have a single regret. I’ve even set up an aluminum second backplate for travel and warmer waters. As my scuba interests have evolved I’ve added a second wing to my gear locker and having the rest of my configuration stay the same is perfect for comitting skills to second nature.
Subscribed
zielit - 9/27/2011 5:06 PM
Plus versitality of single or double tank configuration :) well double in the future of course.
SCUBASMITTY - 9/28/2011 12:48 AM
nothing like a PAIR of HP 130’s for me,OMS is the way I dive, got a dive rite set up for the rec diving, - got the twins & OMS for the treasure hunting. next spring Ill get a Poseidon rebreather with OTS FFM, & comm unit for the deep stuff.... 
jimran - 3/06/2012 8:10 PM
oms ,you can add and do what ever way you want to dive ,,love mine