Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Couch Surfing
lerpy - 8/30/2011 2:01 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 1

So again I am new to this site, but I must say I am really liking it. I have been on other dive blog sites and they are not of the same quality, and this one is way more vast, which is great. So had this idea, there is a site I have used when travelling that is for "couch surfing". Basically it is a site where you can find people that are willing to let you crash in their spare room or on their couch or a night or two. Its pretty neat and you meet some interesting people. So I was thinking I have yet to see a similar thing in the say the dive community, but thought what a great idea, as part of your profile or somewhere on the site you have this option. So I say hey I am in Kingston and have an extra room that your welcome to use for a couple of days. It’s not for everyone, but what a great way to help other like minded folks.

Any thoughts on this, especialy from the operators of the site. I am just throwing idea out there.
Subscribed
Greg - 8/31/2011 7:23 PM
I had the same idea a couple months ago and forgot all about it. I’m redesigning the whole site now, so I will add this. Thanks for the comments on the site!