Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Turk & Caicos LiveAboard June 4-11 2011
Seawolf5 - 6/13/2011 7:21 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 0

Greetings to all fellow divers!

I have just returned from a week in the Turk & Caicos Islands on a LiveAboard dive mission. I was aboard the Turk & Caicos Explorer II and it was a blast! The diving was excellent, the food great, and the comradeship among divers was tops! We went to Mayaguana and Conception Island and got wet in places names like Missing Link, Devil’s Claw, Fun Friday, Radio Rocks, Todd’s Towers, Missing Shark Reef and others. We also got to do some great HOOAH training like live boating, being pulled on a rope at the back of the boat after a half-mile drift dive. In all, pretty good trip. If any of you have not tried a liveaboard you should put it in your "To Do" list as it is an exciting and interesting way to vacation. Saw reef and hammerhead sharks, loggerhead turtles and a lot of other interesting critters, especially during the night dives. I completed my 200th dive on this trip so I’ll possibly be looking to divemaster/ instructor training in the future. And now I have to get my gear ready for a Bonaire dive mission next month from the 16-23. And it is possible that I’ll hit Cozumel before Bonaire. Dang!!! the things I do for my country!!!

Julio - Seawolf5