Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Force fins ...
DragonMarino - 10/24/2007 1:32 AM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 6

Has any one try them ?? what are your thoughs on it ?? are they good ?? I once saw a guy using them and he told me they are marvelous , they are about 100.oo UDS , so .. what`s your experience ??
DalelynnSims - 10/24/2007 9:05 AM
Fins are as unique as the individual diving them. With the variety on the market today it is indeed hard to decide. Different plastic derivatives today provide a wide variety of flex and rebound abilities of fins.

Force Fins http://www.forcefin.com have gone the extra mile when it comes to comparing the plastic composite used in the fin with the type of diving application.

I have tried many fins I settled on Force fins. Today I have two types the Pro Force Fin and the Extra Force Fin. Both with elastic Bungie Heel Strap with Comfort Heel Pad. The extra also has the comfort instep for fit in all applications and force wings that are to provide extra power and control. The Pro I have had the longest and is applicable for most diving and the Extra I purchased larger for my drysuit. I have always used a stiff fin and find these easy on the calf as the design forces one to use to use the larger leg muscles rather than the calf, preventing the calf cramping many find with other fins.

What ever fins you are looking at find a shop that will let you try before you buy so that the money is well spent. Many that let you try will allow the rental fee to be applied to the purchase of new ones should you decide to purchase from them.

If you get to Lake Rawlings let me know and you can try a pair of mine.

My .02cf Best Fishes!!! [
VaDiver95 - 10/25/2007 3:58 PM
But can you do an effective frog, modified frog and backwards kick? I have a set of good old scubapro jets and can use them for all applications in all types of watter and curent.
DalelynnSims - 10/26/2007 8:16 AM
Yes you can use all kicks with these. I tend to frog kick with the students as it slows me down a bit. While I can move backwards, I do not do that often but it is something neet to do on occasion.
Subscribed
DragonMarino - 10/29/2007 10:59 PM
You`re right , I`ll try then before buy them , I work at a Sports store , they`ll probabily let me try them for free , we carry the new models but at least I`ll have and idea. Any one else have use them ??? Happy dives :)
Subscribed
DragonMarino - 10/29/2007 11:07 PM
That was we Don`t carry the new models , LOL !!
King - 4/03/2009 9:03 PM

Find a store that does then! Your legs will thank you after every dive!

Keith