Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Inks Lake State Park, Texas
WarmWaterTurner - 4/30/2011 11:48 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

Has anyone dove this site? Found it in the site locator but don’t see any experiences. Planning a dive road trip for September and this would be a good spot to include on the route. Any feed back appreciated!
Subscribed
Greg - 5/07/2011 9:02 AM
I never have, but I’ve heard it’s about like diving in Lake Travis near Austin. If you plan a dive there, let me know and we can post it on the DB Calendar and try to drum up some interest in the area.
Subscribed
WarmWaterTurner - 5/07/2011 11:08 AM
Hey Greg - Don’t think it is going to be high on the list. I have found some feedback and dive reports that give good reason as to why they call it "Inks". Seems to be very murky and stained.
Subscribed
tnimon - 5/25/2011 11:22 AM

This is a great dive spot......If all apply : 1 You only like to dive with 4 to 8 in. vis.

2 You have a hard hat, so you don’t smash your head on all the stump’s / to protect you from jet sky / and props , they have no idea what a dive flag is or it’s meaning.

3 You dive in less-than 7 ft. of water , and like it

4 You like fishing hook’s, as a new way of getting mutable pear-sings as all think that they need to snag what ever that is by that red / white " beach ball "

5 The list is all to long , but if this is what you are into, all good !!!!
Subscribed
WarmWaterTurner - 5/25/2011 1:03 PM
Thanks for the info.......its all good as long as there are no River Monsters - everything else just seems like a minor annoyance :)