Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

San Diego Dive
Flipper78754 - 3/05/2011 12:46 PM
Category: General
Replies: 5

Hello Everyone, I have a business trip in San Diego CA the week of April 17th and might have an opportunity to fly in early to give me time to make a dive on Sat the 16th; are there any good beach dives in the area? If so I am also looking for a buddy and recommendations for a good dive shop to rent equipment.

Thank you,

Dive Safe and Always have fun

Bruce
JoePagano - 3/05/2011 9:31 PM

I have not done it yet, but heard good things about La Jolla Cove, about 11 miles north of San Diego. It’s a preserve with lots of sea life and a guided dive is $70. All you need to know is on the web site

Scuba San Diego Let us know how it is if you go. I plan on doing it sometime in April or May. Joe P
Subscribed
Rich-D-Fish - 3/06/2011 1:10 AM
For a free shore dive La Jolla cove or La Jolla Shores is probably your best bet for local. But the conditions can be iffy depending on the day. I would recommend a boat dive for you. Here is a link to a website for all California Dive Boats. In San Diego I know the Humboldt, Marissa, and Lois Ann are all great operations and typically have a morning 2-tank and afternoon 2-tank dive trip at an affordable rate under $100. You may even be able to rent equipment with the boat. Its easy to get paired up on a dive boat by the DM, plus it gives you access to the fantastic wrecks in wreck alley. The Yukon and Ruby-E wrecks are spectacular. And the Point Loma kelp beds are lush with life. Check out the boat websites to give you a better idea. Have fun!
Subscribed
Rich-D-Fish - 3/06/2011 1:11 AM
Sorry forgot the link: http://www.californiadiveboats.com/
Subscribed
Flipper78754 - 3/27/2011 5:22 PM
Hi Joe,

I am sorry it has taken me so long to rely work has me working long hours and lots of weekend work at home as well. Thank you for the input I am finalizing all of my business appointments so I can try to plan the dive.

Thank you again I really appreciate it.
Bruce May
Dive Safe and Always have Fun
Subscribed
Flipper78754 - 3/27/2011 5:23 PM
Hi Rich,

I am sorry it took so long to rely work has me working long hours and lots of weekend work at home as well. Thank you for the input I am finalizing all of my business appointments so I can try to plan the dive.

Thank you again I really appreciate it.
Bruce May
Dive Safe and Always have Fun