Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Cozumel
Ed - 1/26/2011 9:32 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 7

Hi, I’m traveling to Cozumel April 21 - April 28, 2011 staying at Villa Blanca and diving with Dive Paradise. I’m set with a dive buddy for my 2 tank morning dives but am looking for dive buddies interested in 2 tank afternoon dives and night dives since Dive Paradise requires at least 4 divers to take a boat out. Ed
Subscribed
WarmWaterTurner - 1/27/2011 8:24 AM

Hey Ed -

Got a group going to be staying in Playa but crossing to Coz at times to dive there as well. We will be there from the 20th through the 25th. We will have 4 divers. Afternoon/evening would be prefered due to ferry crossing times. Let’s touch base as the date draws closer.
Subscribed
Ed - 1/28/2011 9:26 AM
Great! Thanks. Ed
Subscribed
AOW_dude - 1/31/2011 11:13 PM
I loved Villa Blanca when I stayed there - great value, nice location, good staff. And at the end of the day when you get back to Papa Hog’s dock, they got an awesome sunset view right from the dock, with a margarita in your hand. Dude...
One thing that took some getting used to was their salt water shower in the room. Like, one time I came back from Aerolito cenote, covered in crud (that’s the way it felt, anyway), and I tell ya, it took a while to get that soap going to finally get clean and wash my wetsuit.
Subscribed
Ed - 4/16/2011 8:13 AM

Is your group still looking to do a 2-tank dive one afternoon in Cozumel? I arrive on the 21st late so the 22nd will be the first day of diving. If your group is flying out on the 25th, it means the 22nd & 23rd are the only day that will work to dive together. Ed
Subscribed
WarmWaterTurner - 4/17/2011 8:52 AM

Hello Ed -

Sorry for the delay. Our travel destination has changed due to our group size changing. We are now staying across in Playa del Carmen. We are diving with Geofish on Thursday morning, Friday afternoon and then again on Saturday morning. We lost one diver so we have three in our group - the boat is a 6 pack - one diver is brand new. If you should want to take the ferry over - you would be welcome to do so. I doubt the wife will let me come over since we have such a short stay this time. Just let us know.

Ben
Subscribed
Ed - 4/17/2011 9:24 AM
I understand. Taking a ferry woulld mean missing a 2-tnk morning dive I’ve already paid for so I will pass on that. Maybe another year. I dive Cozumel almost every April. Ed
Subscribed
WarmWaterTurner - 4/17/2011 1:09 PM

Sounds good. Dive safe. We will also be back in Cozumel on the 7th of June for another trip.

Ben