Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Lakeview RV Park (Ohio)
OUBobcat - 1/05/2011 8:07 PM
Category: General
Replies: 6

Has anyone ever been to or dove Lakeview RV park in Lancaster OH? If so how is it? I looked it up on here and found it but I was just seeing if anyone had any more info on it. I found it on a map and noticed 3/ 4 other quarries or ponds surrounding it. Has anyone ever been to those? The reason I am asking is because I am thinking about diving there this coming summer.
Subscribed
DaveT - 1/17/2011 12:50 PM
I say lets go dive it!
Subscribed
OUBobcat - 1/17/2011 1:01 PM
Are you the same Davetowz that replied to a similar thread I had in scubatoys?? Anyways there are a couple other people who want to dive it also from OH. One is on here not sure about the other. The person on here that wants to is NWOhioDiver. He mentioned trying this summer to get something setup where on Sat we dive Circleville/Lancaster and then Sunday we do the other. I’m all for it. I will pass info on to you when I get some.
Subscribed
DaveT - 1/17/2011 1:20 PM
Same. I guess you talked to Taco- My typical dive bud.
Subscribed
tacofranklin - 1/17/2011 1:45 PM
I want to get out there, but it will prolly be in the fall before i can get to Ohio. Going to have to pack my gear up when I go to drill. :D
Subscribed
RonSubmerged - 5/29/2011 7:35 PM
Hey I just saw your inquiry about Lakeview! A buddy and I dove there last fall and it was not too bad. Take into account that this is an Ohio dive and not near as nice as the big three up north. However it offers much more to see than Circleville as well as a greater depth. There is a plane, a frito lay truck (swim through), and a few other items to see. The vis is not too bad and not crowded at all. 

If you are interested in checking it out sometime let me know! I think I may have some pics posted as well, check them out. 

Ronsubmerged
ohioyscuba - 12/18/2012 12:30 PM
More info about Lakeview Park at http://www.rvatlakeview.com/Diving.php I know a number of divers that go there regularly and they indicate the vis varies from 0-20 ft.