Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving Maui
magicjanice - 12/29/2010 11:28 AM
Category: General
Replies: 8

Hello All,

Any recommendations for shorediving sites in Maui? I am heading out in April-

Janice
Subscribed
Greg - 12/29/2010 12:04 PM
In the Dive Sites section on DiveBuddy.com, search for City = Maui and you’ll find 28 dive sites... some are shore dive sites. Good luck and have fun!
Subscribed
Rich-D-Fish - 12/29/2010 2:50 PM
I’ve only done one shore dive on Maui, at the Sheraton. It was ok. Lots of little fish, some sleeping very large turtles, but fairly uneventful. Hardly worth it in fact, in my opinion. It’s a much better value to take a boat to Molokini or Lanai. I can personally recommend Lahaina Divers for those trips. I’ve heard good things about Turtle Town. Not sure if that is a shore or boat dive or both. Have fun. Take pictures!
Subscribed
hoofpick - 12/29/2010 2:53 PM
Check with Maui Dive Shop, these folks are great to work with and very knowledgable about diving around Maui. they have several locations through out Maui. I have use them everytime I go to Maui. I will be there some time in Feb. and I will use them then.
Subscribed
diverray - 12/29/2010 10:25 PM
Here is a link for shore diving Maui:
http://www.mauiscubadiving.cc/Maui_Map.html
We are going to be in Kaanapali in mid April, and plan on 1-2 days diving.
Subscribed
GrantWP - 1/02/2011 4:18 PM

No recommendations yet, but I hope I’ll be able to give some after a week or so on Maui I’m arriving there tomorrow PM!
CaliLori - 1/02/2011 11:15 PM
I was just in Maui in November. I went with Maui Dive Shop, it was my first boat dive and they were so helpful with everything. The crew was fantastic!!! We dove Molokini and St. Anthony’s wreck. We encountered a few turtles and tons of fish not to mention coral and unlimited visibility. I would reccommend them and plan on using them again on my next trip. 
Subscribed
diver-doug - 1/04/2011 7:23 PM

If on the south side of Maui, you definately need to dive five caves (graves), and white rock. Saw eagle trays turtles and a school of dolphins at white rock, and the structure is very cool at five caves with many swim throughs and of course the (bubble cave)

Doug
Subscribed
msdkirby - 1/17/2011 10:53 PM

Plus one for Maui Dive Shop. I wasnt too overly impressed with them on my first go round but it seems I may have caught them on a bad day or week. I just got back in September from a dive with them and I was OVERLY impressed with them.

I got to go diving with mostly a new dive group me being the only one their that day with more then 20 dives (Mine was at that time 170) and they still treated us like we were the royal family. I called last minute and they made a spot for me. We had I think 7 divers total so I was allowed to tag along solo since I was odd man out but it was ok. I got to work along side the Divemasters in finding alot of neat stuff that the others would like and they took us to some great dive sites.

As I was talking with the crew I realized that they were loosing a ton of money by only having 7 paying customers on board yet they said that it was the company policy to make customers happy so that they would want to return. This was better then the company I had originaly booked with ( I dont want to bad mouth so no names here) as they said they could and would not go out unless they made a profit and they were too short on customers.

Anyway I hope youll be kind enough to come back and share your adventures with us. We all love to hear dive stories!