Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

DiveBuddy Ambassadors Needed in Your Area
Greg - 12/27/2010 9:58 AM
Category: General
Replies: 17

We are looking for several active divers to become DiveBuddy Ambassadors to organize events in your local area. With members across the globe, it’s time we start to organize local events to meet and dive together more.

If you are interested in becoming a DiveBuddy Ambassador to organize a couple of events per year in your local area, please let me or my wife (badintexas) know. We can help you spread the word and promote the event on DiveBuddy.com.

You can easily use the Clubs section on DiveBuddy.com to manage the members in your local area that want to meet. But before you create the club, contact us so we can help with the club name and logo.

I’m even thinking we should have special t-shirts designed for each DiveBuddy local group :)

Thank you,

Greg Davis
Owner and Member # 1
DiveBuddy.com
Subscribed
MAC431 - 12/27/2010 10:24 AM

Greg,

I have no problem being a DiveBuddy Ambassador for my area which is the Baltimore / Washington Area. Just let me know how you would like to see things run.

Mark Cole
Subscribed
scubaman - 12/27/2010 5:24 PM

Greg,

I may be interested in being a DiveBuddy Ambassador in the San Antonio Area. I live near Helotes.

Let me know more.

Dudley (Scubaman)
Subscribed
barbarian - 12/28/2010 4:00 PM
Great idea! In a way that’s what I’ve been trying already.

I can take it for the Toronto area (or Ontario perhaps).

Cheers,
Zsolt
Subscribed
NWOhioDiver - 12/31/2010 12:34 AM
Also think this is a great idea!

I’ll take the NW Ohio area for you!

Live an hour or less from all four of our local quarries so can host much!

Thanks,

Ryan Mays
SaintsReturn - 1/02/2011 10:13 AM

Greg,

I would like to see an ambassador for the FWB/Destin area. I do believe there are other divers in my area that would be a better fit than myself since my schedule has just gone hectic, but if the need is there i would happily do it. I love this idea and look forward to meeting more divers!
Subscribed
greysquirrel - 1/02/2011 5:21 PM

Not been on in a while with the holidays and all, just read the post. I think this is a great idea and am willing to be a dive buddy ambassador. Our club had slowed down over the summer as everyone was diving and no one had the same days off. Now that winter is here we are going to start our meetings again. We will be discussing events.
Subscribed
badintexas - 1/04/2011 1:22 PM
Hey DiveBuddy members! I love this idea and wanted to let ya’ll know that I’ll be getting in contact with each of you soon about what we can do! Greg and I are working on all of the details and I’m excited to get this started! You’ll hear from me soon!
Subscribed
dalehall - 1/04/2011 1:34 PM
Of course I’m interested. :) However, I may be moving in the near future.. I honestly have no idea at this very moment.. But, for now I can take GA.. I’m in Middle GA and someone might actually want to take ATL but I can do whatever you need me to do..
If I do move, I will moving to the Pensacola area more than likely and would be interested in do that area if there is no one already handling it..
 Just let me know what you want or need..
Dale
Subscribed
GypsyDiver - 1/05/2011 2:32 PM
You know, I will do what ever it takes for you and Divebuddy. I got Hawaii for now and will also cover Afghanistan for awhile in the near future. I have been looking for some good dive sites. I might have a couple. I will post pictures if we get a chance to dive. I will take my banner with me when I deploy.
Subscribed
scubaman - 1/05/2011 6:11 PM

The San Antonio Meeting is set for 8PM Tue. the25th of Dec. at Shorty’s Bar and Grill in Helotes next to Flores Store.

I am working on getting the dive clubs in the local area to donate door prizes, now. If you want me to use the DiveBuddy Logo as a part of my Logo send me a .jpeg file w/ your logo and I will add it to our local logo.

Thanks,

Dudley

scubaman
Subscribed
MDW - 1/07/2011 12:08 PM
I like this idea a lot. I miss the days from a few years ago when Tim used to organize the Thursday afternoon DiveBuddy.com dives at Dutch Springs. I’d be willing to resurect that tradition and/or lead a DiveBuddy.com group at the regular Wednesday night dive sessions at Dutch. I’d also like to get a group together a couple times a year or so to scavenge the local rivers for treasure.
Subscribed
csemenko - 1/09/2011 4:52 AM

From GypsyDiver: You know, I will do what ever it takes for you and Divebuddy. I got Hawaii for now and will also cover Afghanistan for awhile in the near future. I have been looking for some good dive sites. I might have a couple. I will post pictures if we get a chance to dive. I will take my banner with me when I deploy.

I can also help in Hawaii (Oahu). I’ve already started planting the seeds and am trying to get every diver I dive with to join. My coffee cup from Afghanistan still has the DiveBuddy.com sticker on it and sits displayed proudly in my office here in Hawaii.

All my students get a "divebuddy.com is a great resource for meeting new divers, researching dive sites around the world before you go, and asking questions to further your diving knowledge without the farm animals from that other social networking site" speech atleast once.

I don’t have any deployments scheduled for the next year or 2, so I should be able to cover down as needed.
Subscribed
badintexas - 1/10/2011 2:19 PM
From csemenko: My coffee cup from Afghanistan still has the DiveBuddy.com sticker on it and sits displayed proudly in my office here in Hawaii. All my students get a "divebuddy.com is a great resource for meeting new divers, researching dive sites around the world before you go, and asking questions to further your diving knowledge without the farm animals from that other social networking site" speech atleast once.:

AWESOME!!! WE LOVE THAT! Thank you.
Subscribed
badintexas - 1/10/2011 2:21 PM
I’ve sent an email out to each of you thus far. Again, if you have any questions, please let Greg or I know. I’m also working on a few more things so I’ll keep in touch with ya’ll. If anyone else sees this topic and wants to be an Ambassador, please contact me.
Subscribed
oceanbound - 1/11/2011 9:21 PM

I can help in our area; south alabama, North west Florida
Subscribed
brixn - 3/16/2011 11:35 PM
Hi Guys
How about a DiveBuddy Ambassador in Australia ??
Cheers