What was your best dive in 2010 & why?
tardmaster - 12/15/2010 12:07 PM
Category: General
Replies: 13

I know this year still has some days left in it, but let all of us here at divebuddy.com know what you think was your best dive in 2010 and why. Please don’t spare the details. Educate some of the newbies to the sport on what they are in for. I’ll start. I have a tie for two. One was the site "Taylor Made" on the north side of Bonaire....my second choice was the NAKED dive with my wife late one night right off of buddy’s. 

PS...Please do not submit any negative comments and please do not turn this into a peeing contest on why your site was better than someone elses. Just tell us why it was YOUR best dive.
LatitudeAdjustment - 12/16/2010 7:09 AM
I’ve had a lot of memorable dives over the years but for 2010 it had to be a shallow reef in Grand Cayman. It was my wife’s first reef dive and she couldn’t contain her excitement as she watched all the life around her and reminded me of why we dive and that I’ve become jaded.
Subscribed
Greg - 12/17/2010 9:33 AM
My best dive was in Cozumel because it was with my two boys, their first ocean dive. Water was warm and clear, fish were everywhere, boys did great, dive was perfect. My wife and daughter were also on the boat and my daughter snorkeled for a little bit. She was soooo excited to see all the coral and fish underwater.
Subscribed
Smithsgold - 12/17/2010 10:33 AM

Cozumel diving the C-53 on second to the last day of our trip.

It’s my favorite dive site and on this dive I logged my 100th dive !!!!!
DiveBuddyChgo - 12/17/2010 1:47 PM
I have had so many best dives every year. And so many different types of diving be it cold or warm water. All My best dives are all grouped into one big memory. I tend to remember single dives that have gone fairly or really bad. Luckly I fall to sleep everynite thinking of all the good dives with Friends. 
WCReefers - 12/17/2010 6:35 PM

My best dive was diving San Miguel Island off the California Coast this October. You don’t get to get there very often to to weather and currents. We haven’t been able to get to the island for the last three years.. Anyway, I was on my 3 day live aboard and on the second day, the the weather Gods blessed us, we dove the Island. The day was sunny, around 75 degrees, water was calm almost like glass, visibility was outstanding 75 - 100 feet, great kelp forrest large fish and I was able to swim following large ray through the kelp at about 45 feet down. I was able to follow it for about 50 yards before it took off. It was really amazing
Subscribed
sadfish - 12/17/2010 11:15 PM
I do not have many dives but the best was Disneyland off the Kona coast. It was not much different from the other sights we dove. It was just the first dive my son and I got to do together after he got certified. He had soo much energy, not having to worry about drills anymore. The whole trip was awesome but that first dive was epic!!!
Subscribed
SchlackerRat - 12/18/2010 12:12 PM
Diving the caves off of Maui. Once inside there was an air pocket, so you could surface and talk with your buddies. I thought a real cool experince was the surge would change the interior pressure +\- as each wave came in and left. Also inside the cave was sea turtles and white tip sharks. My kids still talk about that!
Subscribed
Laura - 12/18/2010 3:06 PM
Tortugonias Reef, Palmyra Atoll is part of the Palmyra Atoll National Wildlife Refuge located 957 miles south of Hawai’i just north of the equator. It was a working dive, helping set benthic transects to study the corals.This is the most beautiful reef I have ever seen. The bottom is covered in so many gorgeous corals: staghorn, tabletop, porites... Too many manini to count, giant clams with colorful mantles displayed, bohar snapper, bumpheads, parrotfish, and more. The colors are so vibrant it took my breath away.
Subscribed
WarmWaterTurner - 12/20/2010 11:14 AM
Best dive for 2010 was the first dive of the season for me. January in Roatan - diving the wreck Aguilar (sp?) Dropped off the back of the boat decended to about 75’ and came nose to nose with a beautiful spotted eagle ray cruising along the wall. After a brief surface interval the second dive of the day was at Captains Choice - again another eagle within minutes of reaching depth. What a way to start the season!
Subscribed
Taino67u - 12/20/2010 11:21 PM
I just got my Cert. this year so I can say that my first open water dive was one of the best but the absolute best was Cozumel while on my Cruise this October I dove with Aldora Divers. We dove to 90 feet with visibility well over 200 feet oh and did I mentioned it is Drift diving so no effort on my part just drift along and see the world go past. I defenetly have to go back there. 
Subscribed
Bogzy - 12/23/2010 7:55 AM

Every dives site is unique :)

well my best dive site was in SS thistlegorm in (Ras Muhammed) @ Redsea

its the best amazing dive in the red sea till 2010, hope to c better in 2011

i also enjoyed diving in Hurgada site named (Abu nhass) its about nearly 4 wrecks beside each other loooots of marine life , diff. species and ofcourse the wrecks it self. i do like the wreck dives :) 

cheers
Subscribed
Phil_Larner - 12/28/2010 10:49 AM
My best dive was Xmas Day in a shallow reef dive in the Grand Cayman i have spent the last 6 months in Afghanistan and this was the perfect end to the year. The previous dive was on par as i went on a Two tank boat dive of the North Wall in Grand Cayman where i so an Eagle Ray swim right past it was magic