Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dry suit cert
MDiver429 - 12/10/2010 8:55 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 6

pretty excited...doing my final dives for my dry suit certification in bainbridge quarry tomorrow.... anyone know of any places to get a good deal on a dry suit?
Subscribed
seawolfdiving - 12/10/2010 11:22 PM

Very cool... Congratulations. Next stop "Ice Diving"

Who is doing your training for you?

What type of drysuit are you looking for? I Dive with a 7mm neoprene suit. I love it, Nice and warm. But most folks like the "shell" suits and tri-lams. They are easier to get in to and out of.

If you are down at Bainbridge you should stop over at Lancaster Scuba Center. They are having their Holiday Open house from 11:30AM to 5:00PM. Saturday the 11th.

Good luck with your dives and Have Fun...
Subscribed
MDiver429 - 12/11/2010 6:18 AM
i like the tri-lam suits the best i think. I am doing my cert with patriot scuba in virginia... a friend of mine is an instructor there and he needed to do one more cert.
Open house today? Will you be there? Maybe ill try to stop by.... how far is it from Bainbridge quarry? Do you know the address?
Thanks
Marissa
LatitudeAdjustment - 12/11/2010 8:40 AM

From MDiver429: pretty excited...doing my final dives for my dry suit certification in bainbridge quarry tomorrow.... anyone know of any places to get a good deal on a dry suit?

Very cool indeed! My son’s rental reg froze up at Bainbridge so that was on his mind when he went shopping for one of his own.

North East Scuba Supply in Nooristown Pa. always has great prices on used drysuits or any other gear for that matter. It’s a two hour drive for me but that’s where I went for sling tank and back plate hardware.
Subscribed
seawolfdiving - 12/11/2010 8:24 PM

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I hope that all went well with your Drysuit cert dives. It’s really very simple. You just have to realize that you are now dealing with two buoyancy control devices (BCD & Drysuit). Don’t worry, after a while it will become second nature to you.

I like my neoprene suit. However, many people swear by DUI drysuits. I have dived them before and they are great (if you can afford one). The only problems that I find with Trilams or shells is that they tend to be less streamlined and they require a bulkier undergarment.
TColJeep - 12/12/2010 9:12 PM

My original drysuit was a tri-lam. To me it was a little like diving in a trash bag. Not very stream lined. I now use a neoprene suit and love it. DUI makes a great suit, but as was mentioned in an earlier reply, very expensive. I dive a great suit by Diving Concepts. There are several good suits out there. If possible dive a few different suits before making your final decision.
LatitudeAdjustment - 12/13/2010 6:45 AM
From seawolfdiving:

I like my neoprene suit. However, many people swear by DUI drysuits.

BTW, as you enter Pa. you will see signs; "DUI, you can’t afford it", they were placed there by the State Police but my be true about diving as well :)