Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Fiji or Australia
shalou45 - 10/29/2010 10:48 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

Anyone been to both Fiji and Australia that could give me a comparison and/or suggestion on which one is better?
Subscribed
ExtremelyCanadian - 10/29/2010 12:01 PM
I havnt been to Fiji, but I did dive Flinders (or Flynders i think) reef on the southern tip of the great barrier reef in Australia and it was incredible! You won’t be disappointed if you dive the great barrier, it’s a must for the bucket list.
Subscribed
LatitudeAdjustment - 10/30/2010 4:49 PM

Why choose, Air Pacific sometimes has a deal where you fly out of LAX to Fiji and stay as long as you want before continuing on to Australia as if it was on the same flight.

The flight leaves LAX at 10pm, you eat dinner, watch a movie and fall asleep, they wake you for breakfast and you step off in Nadi to see the sunrise, no jet lag! The return flight is a killer, you land before you took off and feel like you have been run over by a truck :) Don’t plan on going to work that day!

Fiji has great color underwater, mostly small stuff but we did see a few sharks and Mantas and the friendliest people you’ll ever meet anywhere.