Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive Trip needed
Buckley - 10/20/2010 1:26 PM
Category: General
Replies: 9

I am wanting to take my mother to Florida this winter, and get our advanced certs. Does anyone have any ideas on the cheapest way to go about this? Looking to spend 5 - 7 days with some good worm dives, and a fun night life. I am open to any ideas that you might have!
Subscribed
LatitudeAdjustment - 10/20/2010 3:24 PM

From Buckley: I am wanting to take my mother to Florida this winter, and get our advanced certs. Does anyone have any ideas on the cheapest way to go about this? Looking to spend 5 - 7 days with some good worm dives, and a fun night life. I am open to any ideas that you might have!

Well that would depend on what your mother would like to do topside. SE Florida could keep her busy while you are off diving but keep in mind that winter in Florida can be cold too so dress warm and plan on water temps around 70 + or -, okay there may not be any plus.

The Keys might be a little warmer and the navigation part easier without the current found in SE Florida but the Keys are never cheap! Rooms there are double what you pay in West Palm Beach, go figure!
Subscribed
Bob01 - 10/20/2010 3:49 PM
Look at vrbo.com in Key Largo, also there is a lady in my facebook that has rentals there starting at $70 per night.
Subscribed
Buckley - 10/20/2010 5:34 PM
Getting some great advise guys than you and keep it coming. The key’s are deff a good place to go to. I am wanting to move to Homestead in a year or so. The friend from face book, sounds like a good start if you have anymore info on her.
Subscribed
Bob01 - 10/20/2010 5:37 PM
Not a problem, send me a email address and I will connect you with her. She is a great gal and she may be on divebuddy.
Subscribed
Buckley - 10/20/2010 5:51 PM
djdrake01 [ at ] yahoo.com Anyone that has a passion for diving that needs or wants to get a hold of me I recommend my face book for best/ quickest results. I also have my dive pic’s and videos on there too. Just search under Buckley Pepper
I am really digging this Divebuddy, and do not want to detour people from using it; so this is a great place to reach me at as well. ROCK ON DIVEBUDDY!!!!
Subscribed
warmwaterdiver - 10/20/2010 7:30 PM
Thanks Bob. Hi I’m Becky I live here in the Florida Keys If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know. I love helping fellow divers find great deals here in Key Largo.
Subscribed
warmwaterdiver - 10/20/2010 7:35 PM
You can also reach me at becky [ at ] speargirl.com or 305 393-9686

Bob I had to ask for my password I guess it has been awhile since I was over here. Now to figure out how to post a picture LOL
Subscribed
warmwaterdiver - 10/20/2010 7:36 PM
You can also reach me at becky [ at ] speargirl.com or 305 393-9686

Bob I had to ask for my password I guess it has been awhile since I was over here. Now to figure out how to post a picture LOL
Subscribed
Caver - 11/23/2010 7:23 PM
Hi. What type of diving are you looking for? Springs are very clear75 to 100 vis and water temp 72. If ur Mom is doing advance go around Ginny sprgs, Blue Grotto. We will be there Dec 28th thru the 3rd of Jan. I am a Master Instr and full cave.