Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Belize Liveaboard in 2011!
sforbes - 10/05/2010 12:57 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

Join us for a week of diving aboard the Dancer Fleet in Belize! We have a group of divers that travel together every year. This year, we are in need of some buddies to go with us. The trip is August 27 to September 3rd, 2011 aboard the SunDancer in Belize. If you have never done a liveaboard before, it is the most awesome experience! It’s like a floating hotel! 5 dives a day, gourmet meals and snacks, unlimited drinks, and LOTS and LOTS of diving! The price is spectacular at $1550 per person. Airfare is on your own, but is running around $550 to $600 per person. A $600 deposit will hold your space on the boat. Come dive with us!

For more information, please email me at sforbes [ at ] cfuels.com
Subscribed
LatitudeAdjustment - 10/05/2010 3:21 PM

Peter’s Dancer Fleet in Belize, how soon we forget :(
Subscribed
diverray - 10/11/2010 10:08 AM
Raymond, you have made reference to this before. Can you explain? I guess we do have short memories, or didn’t know in the first place.
Subscribed
LatitudeAdjustment - 10/12/2010 10:15 AM

From diverray: Raymond, you have made reference to this before. Can you explain? I guess we do have short memories, or didn’t know in the first place.

20 guest died on a Dancer boat in Belize, Peter Hughes insulated himself from the lawsuit so the victims family got little.

Here is a link to part of the story on Undercurrent.org

http://www.undercurrent.org/UCnow/dive_magazine/2002/PeterHughes200210.html

There is also a book on the subject but I’m guessing you won’t find it in any of the Dancer boats libraries. I was once told by a crew member that bringing it aboard or even discussing it was a fireable offense.
Subscribed
sforbes - 10/12/2010 12:54 PM
Yes, that was a very unfortunate situation. I feel for all the lives that were lost in that accident. Personally, I and many of my dive buddies have been on trips with the Dancer Fleet (and Peter Hughes) since that accident and have had nothing but safe, fun trips.