Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Yipeeeee!!!
Matt65 - 7/02/2010 6:10 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 3

Howdy all! Well, I finally made the move from the middle of the Nevada desert to the more dive friendly area of North Carolina! Aurora specifically. Getting the new house settled into, but could use a dive break! If anyone might be interested, please let me know! Thanks and dive well!
Subscribed
Smithsgold - 7/06/2010 2:13 PM

Matt,

Congrats on the move cant wait to see a few pictures from your upcoming dives !!!!
Subscribed
badintexas - 7/07/2010 2:34 PM
Hey Matt! Here is a DiveBuddy dive club that you can get in touch with.. Bull City Divers Take care and congrats on the move. I’m sure you’re glad that it’s done!
Subscribed
Jango - 7/14/2010 4:16 PM

Since you are close to Morhead City and New Bern you might want to check out the dive club I’m in. It’s called Ocean Quest Dive Club and has been in existance for nearly 20 years. I am one of the charter members. It was started among workers at the Naval Avation Depot at Cherry Point Marine Corps base in Havelock, now called Fleet Rediness Center East and grew from there. Sometimes we have our monthly meetings in Morehead City and sometimes in New Bern.

We are not affiliated with any dive shop mainly to maintain our independance and our bylaws do not allow an owner or employee of a dive shop to be an officer of the club. One of the main premises of the club is that club boat owners and divers simply share the expense of gas and oil to go diving. The law does not allow any more than that to be asked of club divers. Otherwise you get into a charter situation. It is expected of the divers on a trip to help clean up the boat after the dive day. Dues are $15 per year for a single person and $25 for family. We restrict membership to a 35-40 mile radius from Morehead City.

Please PM me for more info if you are interested.