Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Looking to get a new BCD
scubajunkie - 5/16/2010 1:10 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 13

I currently have a Zeagle but have had it for over 10 years and I am looking at getting a new one... Anyone have a good recommendation? if not do you know where is the best place to find more information?
mikekol - 5/16/2010 5:09 PM
You really can’t go wrong with a Zeagle, The new Ranger is really good. I would check around and try the other brands. I use a Sherwood, but just check around. Get one that fits you good and is comfortable no matter the brand or style/ 

Good luck. Be SAFE
Subscribed
scubajunkie - 5/16/2010 5:40 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the info.
WCReefers - 5/16/2010 5:58 PM

I agree you can not go wrong with a Zeagle. I,ve have one goining on 8 years. The Ranger is awesome. That will be my next one.

Good luck.
steelheadfish - 5/16/2010 10:15 PM
I agree zeagle is the way! great quality and made in the USA, I do prefer the tech to the ranger myself, but that is just a personal thing. I have had mine about 5 years maybe a bit less.
Dusty - 5/17/2010 12:13 AM
Go 2 www.scubatoys.com U can get plenty of info there. But Zeagle is probsbly one of thr best. I have a Zeagle Brigsde and like it. On Scubat Toys web site there is a phone # provided.
Subscribed
scubajunkie - 5/17/2010 9:20 AM
whats the difference between the tech and ranger?
Subscribed
scubajunkie - 5/17/2010 9:21 AM
Thanks for the site recommendation! this is a great site.
Subscribed
adambayam - 5/17/2010 4:34 PM

The Tech is a step up from the Ranger, the crowd favorite. The Tech has a larger lift capacity (for more equipment), buckles instead of a cumberbund, a few more D-rings and some more structural support. As the name implies its made for technical diving. What kind of Zeagle are you using today?

Adam - adamw [ at ] leisurepro.com

Subscribed
scubajunkie - 5/17/2010 5:05 PM
I am currently using a Zeagle Ranger. It is old but still in good condition. I had to put it in the repair shop to fix the octo-inflator. Hopefully I can continue to use it but will get a new one if needed.
hopeinvalor - 5/17/2010 11:24 PM
Since you have dove a Ranger for a few years, have you thought of trying a backplate setup? They are more costly initially, but they do allow for expansion; doubles, stages, etc.
scubachick76 - 5/18/2010 10:10 PM

Just thought I would put another idea in your head. I purchased this year a Hollis HD-100 & I really love it. It’s a back inflate & has some great tech/rec features. The thing that stands out to me is how rugged it is. You can also access the bladder to fix it or change it out if something happens to it without buying a new bc. I have used a vest style for 4 years & I love this one. Hollis makes some great stuff. Here’s a link http://www.hollisgear.com/prodview.asp?id=15 My advice is go with what feels right! Good Luck :)
Subscribed
scubajunkie - 5/19/2010 9:36 AM
Hey, Thanks for the information, I am always open to different opinions. I will check it out. Thanks again.
SCUBASMITTY - 5/24/2010 4:24 PM
this might help you out ! it’s in the neighborhood too.http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=ZeagleExpressTechDeluxe

the best of both, tec/rec