Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Full Face Mask
tapinkham - 2/14/2010 5:03 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 6

Hi,
I’m looking for opinions on full face masks. I’m planning on getting involved with hull cleaning.
Thanks,
Tim
DalelynnSims - 2/14/2010 7:13 PM

Using the ScubaPro FF mask here for PSD stuff as well as cold water. You can add your own regulator. While others have different aspects of them this latex has a lens area similar to a regular mask and as such you can get to the nose pocket as required to equalize. Price wise it is a bit less expensive then some of the others. Because of its construction the volume is less and therefore your not fiting a buoyant head as in some of the others.

It does have a surface valve and you can add communications as well :-)

Just my .02cf worth
GypsyDiver - 2/15/2010 2:20 PM
http://www.oceantechnologysystems.com/otsffm.shtml

The best full face mask I have seen.
gitrdundiver - 2/21/2010 6:38 AM
The Gaurdian is a great mask. I use them on a regular basis. If you have the money to spend get one with the com capabilities. It works real well to be able to talk to the surface. I believe communication ability is required by OSHA for commercial work. Not 100% on that though.
Fyamon - 2/21/2010 11:21 PM

There are two issues with FFMs....which are great pieces of dive for specialized diving. 1) Selecting the rigth FFM and accessories for the application, and 2) getting proper training in the normal use of a FFM as well as contingencies when using a FFM - which is critical.

I am a qualified FFM Instructor. I would be happy to provide you with additional information on what to look for, and avoid, but most importantly how/where to get the right training so you can dive safely and efficiently with a FFM.

Josh

www.MAKODIVER.com

scubalarry54 - 3/02/2010 11:34 AM
I have the Oceanreef Neptune system and love it. Great vis, easy maintenance, and has multiple add on’s (comm, liquids, etc.)
Subscribed
SCUBAU - 3/02/2010 2:34 PM

I also have the Ocean Reef full face mask with commuication device. Not sure if you need that if you will dive by yourself. If you need pricing on a full face mask let me know. I sell them at the store.

John

SCUBA "U"

scubau [ at ] rescueteam.com