Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Caye Caulker, Belize trip Feb 1-8
Duluthchick - 1/20/2010 3:27 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 5

I"ll be in Caye Caulker Feb 1-8, looking for a dive partner. I plan on diving about 4 days out of the week. Would also appreciate any advice on which dive operator to use...
lulu222 - 1/20/2010 7:01 PM

I was there in June and dove with Frenchies. We did an overnight camping trip by the Blue Hole with Frenchie himself and that was great, but I think that is the only trip Frenchie does now.

One problem I had with that Frenchies Dive Shop after the camping trip and we were just doing day dives was that they insisted everyone be out of the water after 40 minutes bottom time and the dive sites they took us to around Caulker weren’t that great.

There is another dive shop that I noticed that looked pretty professional but I’m not certain of the name. I think it had Belize in the title, maybe Dive Belize. I would email any of them you are considering going with ahead of time and find out about their trips.
CaribbeanDiver2 - 1/21/2010 6:36 AM

Hi, I have done alot of diving in Belize before I moved to Thailand. I think if you want to get alot of dives in and still have time to relax you would be better off staying in San Pedro. Most dive sites and very good ones ( shark ray alley) are only a 10 min boat ride unless you go to the Blue Hole, then you will be on the boat about 10 hours and do 3 different dive sites icluding the blue hole.

Caye Caulker can get a little borning and you can fingd a place in San Pedro for the same money. A good layed back dive shop is run by a guy named Ellsworth Sutherland . His email is yazzytours [ at ] yahoo.com I hope this helps. Now if you ever come to Thailand you need to dive with my comany. (lo) Take care

Mike
lulu222 - 1/22/2010 1:37 AM
The second shop was Belize Diving Services. I only spoke with them, I didn’t actually go on any dives.
Subscribed
Duluthchick - 1/30/2010 1:26 PM
Thanks for the advice, it’s much appreciated! Laura
Subscribed
treemandiver - 12/22/2015 7:30 PM
yea caye caulker is the best little island I tell you, we dove with Frenchies, also great guys sure others are just as good but they did take care of us really well. Have fun wish I can go back soon. Doug