Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

diving in orlando
sawdust - 1/20/2010 11:11 AM
Category: General
Replies: 5

I am going to orlando jan. 29 through feb. 5.. I would like to do some diving. Is there anywhere with driving distance that dives during the week? Also I will be alone so need a buddy? Thanks keith
seawolfdiving - 1/20/2010 8:54 PM

I would check out Scuba World Orlando. They could probably help you to set up some dives. The shop is owned by a fellow by the name of John Shimkoski. He is a retired Army Special Forces Diver. their web site is www.scubaworld.net and their phone is (407) 273-3373

Good luck, Have fun & safe diving.

Ron sends

Subscribed
sawdust - 1/20/2010 9:40 PM
thanks i will check on diving with them.
Subscribed
oceanfloor - 1/23/2010 3:23 PM
I won’t be there but was just gonna say that you should try the Disney Epoct Center Aquarium dive while there. I was there in December and loved it!! Wish I was going again :)
Subscribed
sawdust - 1/25/2010 6:45 AM
Thanks i will check into it. do you know how much they charge?
Subscribed
oceanfloor - 1/25/2010 6:23 PM
I’m thinking it was about 150.00, which included a tour of aquarium operations and a 40 min dive. They provide everything and set it up for you. Your welcome to bring your own mask if you want to but not necessary. They also have a really nice changing room with showers, shampoos, towels, lockers, hairdryers, etc. They have several staff divers that oversee the whole operations and it was the first time I dove with sharks. Overall I was really happy with it. I also bought a video of the dive which is great. A bit pricey but love it and wouldn’t mind doing it again. I love aquariums so it was fantastic to dive in one.