Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Wanted: Cancun Info
dhunter - 12/24/2009 4:30 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 3

I’m headed down to Cancun with my girlfriend the first week of Feb 2010. We’ll be staying at the Cancun Clipper Club. Anybody have any info about Cancun in general, and/or dive ops specifically? Haven’t found much on the forum.

I’d be greatful for any input. Thanks
bmnovak - 12/25/2009 9:42 AM
Try cenote (cave diving). This is a wonderful place for cave dives. Huge limestone caverns full of fossils. You can contact "Manta Divers" and a "Life Certified" guide will take you to places off the beaten track. One I recommend is "Tazimalzal". Visibility +100 ft, water temp 75°, depth 40-50 ft. Outstanding experience.

http://mantadivers.com

Have fun.
DiveBuddyChgo - 12/25/2009 10:19 PM
The diving isn’t really in Cancun... Its in Cozumel... For a dive trip go to Coz... Otherwise its a day trip of travel from Cancun... Mike
Subscribed
dhunter - 12/25/2009 11:51 PM

Ya, Cozumel is definately a great place to get wet. Been diving there twice (for a week each time) 3 times if you count the one day I got to take my boy diving there when we stopped on our cruise in July. Dive with Martin (www.divewithmartin.com) has been GREAT every time. That’s where I did my nirtox cert. I’m sure I’ll be heading back. Any info on hotels in Cozumel would be great too.

Been diving since 1973 but I’ve never gotten to dive Canoyes, and that’s one of the main reasons for hitting Cancun this time. Some place/Some thing new.

Anyone else with any guidence/thoughts/info about Cancun out there? All input greatly appriciated.