Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Cozumel
diverchallenge - 8/08/2007 2:12 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 3

Is anyone going to be in Cozumel during the week of August 19th through August 24th. We are shooting the preliminary film for the Ultimate Diver Challenge and are looking for divers that want to experience the challenges for fun! Pam
DrDuck - 8/09/2007 4:29 PM
sounds awsome, I will try to get coverage so I can go. How much to get to Cozumel? What kind of challenge?
Subscribed
diverchallenge - 8/09/2007 7:08 PM
I am not sure where you are traveling from but if Continental is your provider, we have a code that you can input that will give you 3 to 5 percent off airfare ;-) The challenges start on August 19th..and we have a filming crew joining us to shoot a pilot film to give divers and idea of how fun the Ultimate Diver Challenge will be next year. The challenges evaluate buoyancy, navigations, search, stress, rescue skills, underwater mapping, fish knowledge and identification along with general knowledge of the safety of diving. Let us know if you need accommodations...we do have aggreements with some excellent pricing for the week...Most of us are staying at the Reef Club and Hotel Cozumel... Pam
L&C - 8/16/2007 5:09 PM
When you get back, please drop me a line w/an honest opion on the state of the diving in Cozumel. After Katrina blasted thru there, I`ve been leary to make a trip there with so many other great locations available. Thanks! Craig & Lisa