Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Vortex Springs
murfef - 11/13/2009 9:57 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 8

I’m gonna be in South Alabama the week of Thanksgiving, probably from either around the 20th-25th Nov or 24th-26th Nov. Not sure what day I’m gonna get to leave here. I don’t think there is much in my hometown area as far as diving (or anything else for that matter LOL). I’m from Evergreen Al. but I’m in the USMC so I’m not there much. Just let me know if anyone feels up to making a couple dives that week. I would be willing to drive some to meet someone. I here that Vortex Springs is nice. That would only be about a 2 hour drive for me.
SeaGoat - 11/13/2009 7:37 PM
I live about an hour away from the springs so either weekend works for me. I think there might be a small group of us going the weekend after Thanksgiving. Drop me a line when you have your trip scheduled.
Subscribed
murfef - 11/13/2009 9:24 PM
right now it looks like I’ll be there during the week of Thanksgiving. I know thats family time but......
DiveBuddyChgo - 11/17/2009 5:37 PM
Angi
I get into town Sat after ThanksGiving around 11 am.. And can be at Vortex 1pm.. It already gets dark early.. So I think Sunday would be a better choice for me anyways.. And I have all the week to dive also.. Weekdays are the best unless if you can’t make it..
Mike
Subscribed
murfef - 11/17/2009 6:27 PM

I’m probably leaving to come back to PI South Carolina on the 27th. So far it looks like my schedule isn’t meshing so good with everyone elses. Alas, the last name Murphy has cursed me again. LOL you know the whole "Murphy’s Law" thing.
WRKDVR - 11/17/2009 7:24 PM

I will be in Destin from 11/27 thru 12/5 - looking to dive as much as possible - anywhere I can - haven’t heard of the springs - but if a group is going - I would like to tag along - just tell me where and when to be there.

Scott
Subscribed
murfef - 11/18/2009 8:17 AM
I’m just hearing of it but the pictures I’ve seen look pretty nice. I’ll be leaving on the 27th though so I won’t be able to link up with you. If I go, I’ll be sure to post about it on here. From what I understand, diver entry fee is $19, air $5 nitrox $7 or $10, can’t remember but either way its reasonably priced. Not sure about rentals though. If you can come down any sooner, just let me know and maybe we can get together.
DiveBuddyChgo - 11/19/2009 4:47 AM
Sorry we couldn’t get to dive with you this time around.. But thanks to your posting Scott and I are diving.. We are staying in Destin 5 minutes from each other.. I know the area and we will be diving both the ocean and the springs.. Depending on the water conditions.. Thanks for your post..
Mike
Subscribed
murfef - 11/20/2009 12:27 PM
maybe we’ll get another chance in the future.