Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Feb dive
weaver1371 - 10/31/2009 8:57 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

Thinking of going somewhere, anywhere in the Caribbean in Feb. Any suggestions?
BgDmbRngr - 10/31/2009 9:28 AM
I have only been diving in a few places in the Carribean, how ever my favotire spot so far was the wreck of the Rhone. You can look it up as the RMS Rhone as a dive site. The water vis was well over 100 feet and the 300 foot ship sits in 80-90 feet of water and you can swim through it and see turtles feeding on the sponges inside of it. it was the best dive site I have ever been on to date. Barbados has some very beutiful coral reefs with conch all over it. It all depends on what you want to see on the dive.
Subscribed
weaver1371 - 10/31/2009 9:38 AM
Everything I have seen so far in the Caribbean has been nice, I just want to get back in the water!
digicus - 11/01/2009 6:22 PM

Returning back to Great Guana in the Abacos, Bahamas in early February for 10 days of diving and relaxing then 10 days in Ocala, Florida. Want to go down to Key West and dive the Vandenberg while we are there.

Cost wise, it is a bit spendy but we rented a cottage and are sharing costs with another couple this trip. Troy and Maria at Dive Guana treat us really well on rentals and dive trips out onto the reef. Lots of reef, lots of marine life without a lot of night life. Abacos are all laid back and fairly quite but full of adventure from blue holes to wrecks to walls and caves. This will be our 4th trip back in the last 15 years. Need directions? Ask away!

Steve 
HatchLake - 11/04/2009 12:14 PM
Haven’t been many places there but went to Curacao last January and going back again this year. It’s the best diving we’ve had. Lots of life, healthy reefs, incredible walls. Air fare is a little more but the diving is included at some of the resorts. Habitat has undergone a renovation. It’s rural and not too touristy once you get away from the city. Aruba is fun, but it’s become very touristy. If you want nice weather every day that’s the direction i would head in.