Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving Yucatan Peninsula
Loki1366 - 10/22/2009 5:38 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 5

Hey guys,

I am trying to plan a diving trip for next summer in the Yucatan Peninsula. I’d really like to see some of Mexico’s famous reefs, maybe a wreck, and do some cavern diving in the cenotes and see a Mayan ruin on some dry land time. Does anyone have any recommendations for dive sites, dive shops, or where to stay? I’d greatly appreciate anyone’s input. Thanks!

Rais
fv195 - 10/24/2009 1:31 PM

I am going next month, Nov. I will post a report and photos when I get back.

THOR
Subscribed
Loki1366 - 10/24/2009 1:42 PM

Thor,

That would be awesome! I am jealous. Have fun and be safe.

Rais
Dovelg - 10/27/2009 2:37 PM
I’m going down to Playa Del Carmen in 3 weeks, I will give a detailed report when I get back.
DiveVibe - 11/09/2009 1:06 PM

I dove in play del carmen in feb. Check out the scuba caribe web site.

In playa, every hotel had a dive shop on the beach. the boat picked you up right on the beach and the reef was a 5 min boat ride. By the time your gear was on you could jump, in it was drift diving.

In the lobby of most resorts there are travel agents who can book dive excurtions for you they arange a van and get you to your dive destination be it a cenote or a day trip to cozemel. Any q’s let me know, If you can neg. a price right at the dive shop you may save over using the lobby agents.

pinkladydi - 12/05/2009 9:51 PM

If you stop in Manzanillo you can dive a ship wreck & ?? & still get back to your ship on time

Diane pinkladydiane [ at ] yahoo.com