Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Sherwood SR1 vs Hollis DC2-212
lgriffinwscc - 10/06/2009 10:22 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 6

I’m looking at getting my first regulator and have decided to get a good one since I don’t want to have to upgrade a year or so down the road. I’m debating between a Sherwood SR1 and a Hollis DC2-212. What’s the opinions on these two? Any other suggestion will be considered but I’m really pulled to these. Thanks.
RAWalker - 10/07/2009 2:15 AM

The Sherwood is considered one of the best available at this time. Also at the top of the list is Oceanic’s EOS.

You do pay a premium for these regs at this tiime because they are relatively new models rated so highly.

The EOS is Oceanic’s top of the line and to grab that spot it had to knock the Delta 4 out of the position. The Delta 4 uses the same first stage (FDX10) as the EOS which is environmentally sealed and since it is no longer at the top it’s price has been reduced.

The Delta 4 is my first choice and what I actually dive with. It was adopted in 2008 by NOAH and the Coastguard as it has superior cold water performance. (expect the EOS to perform as well it wasn’t available at the time)
LatitudeAdjustment - 10/07/2009 7:15 AM
I always thought Hollis regs were private labeled Oceanic’s
ncdiveinstructor - 10/07/2009 11:04 AM

I have been diving the SR1 for about a year now , in my 15 years of diving it is the best regulator I have ever used hands down. Since it’s introduction about 90% of my regulator sales have been the SR 1. I am so confident in this regulator that if I let a perspective buyer try one, they will buy it every time. Another great feature of the SR 1 is the dry first stage .....this means less maintence for you. In my opinion there are no downsides to this regulator. The only thing you may want to do is change the mouth piece, the one it comes with I think is too small.

Hope this helps
Matt65 - 10/08/2009 4:02 AM
I use the Delta 4 and LOVE it!!!
Subscribed
Waterskier1 - 10/08/2009 2:04 PM
I have 4 Sherwood regs, albeit older ones (Magnum and Magnum II) which I think are great. The thing I looked for was ease of maintenance and parts availability. These regs can be serviced almost anywhere in the world, and just about everyone will have the simple service kits, which are relatively cheap.

If you are going to be diving all over the world, this is important. If all your diving and servicing will be done locally, then get a reg that the local shop services/supports.
fishome25 - 10/28/2009 3:42 PM
I have the sr1. my only complaint is that the wheel on the din version is a very bad design. it is very hard to unscrew. but if you get a yoke it doesn’t matter for you.