Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Bonaire in Feb/Mar?
Fitch - 8/20/2009 7:39 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

So I’m in the process of booking a vacation to Bonaire for around the last week of February - first week of March.

I was curious if any one had a recommendation for a specific place to stay/dive through? I’ve been looking at Buddy Dive, Divi and Sand Dollar. Any opinions on these or any other I should be looking at?

Also, if any one else is interested in going, it would be great to find a dive buddy to go with! I’m also contemplating going for my advanced open water cert while there, so if any one else is interested in that, that would work out really well too.
tprgreg - 8/20/2009 8:25 PM
i have stayed at buddy dive and at the plaza resort. buddy dive’s room was a little small and average in condition. plaza resort was more spacious, and the whole resport was much more tropical. i recommend the plaza over divebuddy. but do go to happy hour on friday at divebuddy even if you dont stay there, yu will be welcome
Shrek - 8/20/2009 10:44 PM

Hey,

Check with Marcos at parrotislanddivers.com. He has two trips to Bonaire yearly. One is in March around the time you are looking for and one is in October. It is seven days of bliss. Tell him Shrek sent ya. He’s been going there for years so you won’t be going blind. He usually takes a group from 20 up to 40 at a time, so you’ll have plenty of dive buddies and will make plenty of friends. The package comes with hotel, truck and etc.... Check it out.
Bob01 - 8/21/2009 11:31 AM
I can only comment on Buddys, it’s your typical dive resort with ok rooms but they do have security on site. What sets them apart from the other resort is their drive thru tank refill. You pull up and the rinse tanks and the scuba tanks are only 5’ from the truck and if you’re a breakfast eater, they have a nice buffet which is included in the package. They also have a place on the south side of town where you can pick up tanks.
C_Dog12 - 8/26/2009 6:15 PM

My choice is the Sand Dollar. A full breakfast buffet, a rental truck, 7 boat dives. 24 hour 7days a week from the shore. The tanks are sitting on the dock with free Nitrox 31%.

Heading back there in November for 8 days of diving bliss.

Charlie