Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Snorkel Charters
canalrat - 7/29/2009 12:18 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 7

Hi all! Heading to Key Largo next week for some snorkeling fun. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good charter in Key Largo and in Marathon?

The G/F and I were looking at Spirit Snorkeling in Marathon to do Sombrero Key and either Keys Diver or Key Divers (they rent digital U/W cameras) to do Pennekamp and the Christ statue in Key Largo. If anyone has any recommendations or experiences to share we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

P.S. We are not planning on diving because it’s just not in the budget for my refresher and her certification right now. Plus I need to see if she likes it.
muddog357 - 7/30/2009 8:11 AM

Bahia Honda state park

muddog357 - 7/30/2009 8:14 AM
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0KjqmnQmnFKjgQBAzIPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTExN2szY25nBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA3NwMQR2dGlkAwRsA1dTMQ/SIG=11itsp6a3/EXP=1249045584/http%3A//www.bahiahondapark.com/
Subscribed
canalrat - 7/30/2009 8:26 AM
Muddog,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately your linky no worky, at least not on my pc. We looked at Bahia Honda in the flyers we got and hadn’t planned on going that far south in the keys. We are really just looking for specific charter recommendations to the locations we already chose. Is there anyone you can recommend? Thanks again.

Jeff
KeysCD - 7/31/2009 2:31 PM
Give Rob at Keys Diver in Key Largo a call. They’re nice people and do a great job. His store is across the street from the Holiday Inn, next to Craigs Diner (look for the giant snorkel) and his boat his directly in front of Coconut’s restaurant/bar just down the dock from the Holiday Inn.

Georgia
Subscribed
canalrat - 7/31/2009 4:07 PM
Thanks for the info Georgia.
dalehall - 8/01/2009 10:41 AM
I was in Key Largo back in June and dove with Ocean Divers.. Awesome group of people. They are just a quarter mile behind the HUGE Diver’s Direct on US-1. (www.oceandivers.com) They offer snorkeling as well as diving on the same boats..
Enjoy your trip!!
Dale
Subscribed
canalrat - 8/01/2009 11:21 AM
Thanks for the info Dale.

We will be there for 4 days, but plan on spending 3 days on the water. We may wind up using several different charters. Regardless of who we wind up with, I will definitely post an AAR on the blogs.

Jeff