Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Key West for Fantasy Fest 2009
Mare_Liberum - 6/12/2009 11:18 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

My best buddy and I are going to Key West for Fantasy Fest: 23 October to 1 November. We’d like to get a few dives in while down there. Is it a good or bad time of the year to dive there??? Anyone have any recommendations for shops, boats, reefs, wrecks??? Has any one been on the Vandenberg??? Mare_Liberum
Bob01 - 6/12/2009 5:43 PM
I can’t help you on the diving down there but I would love to go Fantasy Fest. I read good things about it and it sounds like a blast.
DanM - 6/15/2009 9:29 AM
never been to fantasy fest, there are some vids of the vandenberg online, i hope to dive it some time this year
Pyrate - 6/15/2009 8:45 PM

Fantasy Fest is a blast - a drunken, naked blast. Be prepared to see a lot of nudity and frivolity. You will have the time of your life!!!! And what happens in KW stays in KW.

As for the diving this is a good time to dive. The rainy season is over, the temps are nice and the viz is great. IMO the best diving is around Looe Key/Bahia Honda area. You can take the State Park snorkel boat (snorkel only) out but the private dive charters are better. Boats leave out of Big Pine all the way to Marathon. Of course Pennekamp State Park, Spiegal Grove areas of Key Largo are also nice.

Aerose (name on this site) has logged more dives than anyone i know in the Keys and is a great resource.
Subscribed
Mare_Liberum - 6/17/2009 7:34 AM
Thank for the info.