Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving Belize
DiveGirl - 6/04/2009 7:25 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

Currently diving down in Placencia and the diving is great! Today was our 3rd day of diving and we have already seen a spotted eagle ray, laugerhead turtle, reef shark, hawknose turtle, & a hammerhead! We are diving with Roberts Grove. They are great, really friendly. Was curious if anyone recomends any other dive operators in the area? Thanks! Kristy
lulu222 - 6/04/2009 10:20 PM
Seahorse Dive Shop in Placencia. The boat Captain, I believe his name is Brian, really knew his stuff.
Subscribed
DiveGirl - 6/05/2009 8:08 AM
I actually went there a couple days ago to inquire about a trip to the blue hole. Remember how the shop is at the end of the pier over the water?after the earthquake the dive shop is now in the water! You have to give those guys credit because they are still in buisness.
lulu222 - 6/05/2009 2:54 PM

OMG! That’s horrible. I hadn’t heard that Placencia received damage but it makes sense. Hopefully the boats and equipment survived okay and they can move forward. They were fun to dive with. Very professional.

Any whaleshark sightings? 
Subscribed
DiveGirl - 6/06/2009 5:07 PM
I have seen their boats out when I have been out diving so it looks like they r doing ok. It looks like the dive shop did not get shaken up, it just sunk so it was a little lopsided and the floorboards have water laping under foot. Gotta love Belize!